The TMBG are an organization that are tasked with dealing with major Fear related events outside of the United States. They are a branch of Supernatural Threat Analysis Bureau, like the SMSC and The Lonely Hearts, but are less active and are only put into operation when major Fear related events happen outside of the US' borders. They usually go under the guise of CIA or NATO operatives.
Name and Code Phases
The name stands for The Transcontinental Mobile BriGade, but originates for They Might Be Giants, an American alternative rock band formed in 1982 by John Flansburgh and John Linnell. Unlike the SMSC, this was on purpose from the start; This was devised under the theory (which was created after the trend in other STAB branches' names were noticed) that The Fears possessed some form of narrative/memetic dependency, and they had somehow influenced the names of the other branches to be compatible with their narrative. The idea of controlling this apparent influence in a way that would weaken their control over the group was agreed upon, and the theme of the band was selected. The Brigade uses code words after this fashion in attempt to force their concepts upon them, causing them to become weaker.
- Brooklynites: Referring to entities/phenomena that are benevolent/neutral to humanity.
- Giants: Referring to entities/phenomena that are malevolent to humanity. Usually accompanied by the caveat "they might be lies".
- APOPHENIA (Glitch)
- AWAKE (Grotesque)
- BLUE CANARY (Convocation)
- BELDAM (Wooden Girl)
- CRAZY BASTARD (Smiling Man)
- CAROLINE (Unnamed Child)
- DISPLACED BEES (Intrusion)
- ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY (Ivory Woman)
- ERASE (Quiet)
- FLOOD (EAT)
- GENERALISSIMO (Oni)
- HOMUNCULUS (Mother of Snakes)
- ISTANBUL (Empty City)
- LADY (Burning Bride)
- LESBIAN BAR (Red Cap)
- LOYAL PHANTOMS (Poltergeists)
- MESOPOTAMIANS (Answer): When describing a member of The Answer, it is prefixed with "MESOPOTAMIAN" (e.g. MESOPOTAMIAN HELL HOTEL)
- MÖBIUS STRIP (Constant Wanderer)
- MR PUPKIN (Merryman)
- MUSIC JAIL (Tarantella)
- OTHER WORLD (Marchen)
- PURPLE BRIGADE (Dying Man)
- REPLICANT (Nobody)
- TRIANGLE MAN (Archangel)
- STRANGE NOW (Pendulum)
- SHADOW GOVERNMENT (Black Masks)
- SNAKE HEAD (Lilim)
- SON OF GOD (Jack of All)
- SUPREME COURT (Eye)
- THINKING MACHINE (Manufactured Newborn)
- TIGER (Brute)
- TORNADO FROM THE WEST (Typhoon)
- UNIVERSE MAN (Architect)
- UNPRONOUNCEABLE (Choir)
- VELVET APE (Rake)
- COWTOWN (Topography Genera Center)
- BOWIES (SMSC)
- BEATLES (Lonely Hearts)
- SHARE A STORY (Wonderland Core)
- MOUNTIES (FIA)
- ROUND TABLE (General Ministry)
- CONSTANTINOPLE (Earth)
- NOT CONSTANTINOPLE: When reporting entering a Domain or other supernatural place.
- WITH THE DARK: when referring to the connection between a human and an entity. “She was in love with the dark BELDAM”.