fnord is a very short, strange blog written by Collen. It is a companion of sorts to Misery Always Knows, and its main purpose is to link that blog with another, Binarial. How, exactly, these two blogs are linked is not known yet.
- fnord heavily references Discordianism, even more so than Misery Always Knows. Due to this, it might be confusing to some readers. For more information, see the Wikipedia article on Discordianism.
- fnord is a nonsense word that represents "disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a worldwide conspiracy." The use of fnord in the title is a meta reference to the fact that the blog is, at its core, nonsense.
- Hodge-Podge, referenced in one of the posts, refers to the 'Sacred Chao' (the icon of the blog). The Chao represents everything worth knowing and everything not worth knowing, too.
- Circle Logic is not a reference to Discordianism but, instead a reference to the Stable Time Loop trope, which plays an important part in Binarial.
- Misery is mentioned often in the blog; each time her name is used it links to the blog Misery Always Knows. The blog talks about how she managed to set herself free from chains